The action is being organized with the purpose of revival and development of the philanthropic traditions, of charitable and sponsor activity in the area of culture. The best ten philanthropists will be awarded with the badges of merit `For Benefaction`, with the diplomas `The Patron of the Year` and with the gratitudes of the Ministry of Culture for the significant charitable activity.
The award is considered to be the measure of acknowledgement for preservation and development of national cultural heritage, for support of outstanding projects and achievements.
In 2016 the prizewinners became: Sergey Adoniev, the founder of Yota Company, for the financial support of the Electrotheatre `Stanislavsky`; Oleg Kuzovlev, the general manager of the Kolomenskoye Medical Center, for the revival of the St. George Church and for the organization of the festival of church music `Mellow Chime`; Valentin Martynenko, the representative of the Polymetal Company, for the financial aid of the municipal educational authorities of the Amursky district; and other eight individuals and companies whose summary contribution into the cultural development passed the mark of 2 billion rubles.
In 2017 the Prize will be awarded in five categories:
- Preservation of cultural infrastructure in the regions of Russia;
- Preservation of cultural heritage objects;
- Support of the rural culture;
- Preservation and development of national cultures and folk art;
- Support of gifted children, involvement of young people into the historical and cultural heritage of Russia.