Today, on 21 July 2017, the Presidium of the Union of Museums of Russia headed by the general director of the State Hermitage Museum Mikhail Piotrovsky will hold an exterior session in Kostroma. More than 100 directors of the leading museums of Russia will take part in the expanded session. The event will take place under the auspices of the St. Petersburg International Cultural Forum and will continue the series of exterior events of the Forum in the Russian regions.
In the course of the meeting the participants will discuss the involvement of the Union of Museums of Russia into the programme of the VI St. Peterburg International Cultural Forum (16-18 November, 2017): a variety of business and entertaining events is being planned.
Besides, on the agenda of the expanded meeting - the applications of the new members of the Union, the creation of the section Associations of the museums within the Union, preparation for the report-electoral meeting of the Union in November, 2017, the issues of affirmation of the topic of the competition "Museum in the City of N..." of L. Alexandrova. The participants of the session will also discuss a bunch of lawmaking initiatives developed by the legal department of the Union of Museums.
Among the participants:
- Mikhail Piotrovsky, the President of the Union of Museums of Russia, the general director of the State Hermitage Museum;
- Alexey Levykin, the director of the State Historical Museum;
- Nataliya Pavlichkova, the director of the Kostroma Museum Reserve;
- Nataliya Grigorieva, the director of the Novgorod Museum Reserve;
- Svetlana Melnikova, the director of the National Preserve of Tauric Chersonesos;
- Lubov Musienko, the director of the State Museum of the History of Religion (St. Petersburg);
- Nataliya Vavilova, the director of the Museum of fine arts of Karelian Republic;
- Nataliya Levitskaya, the director of the Yaroslavl Museum Reserve;
- Sergey Zhamkochiyan, the legal adviser of the Union of Museums of Russia;
- Gennady Menshikov, the chairman of the Perm fraternity in St. Petersburg;
- Many other representatives of the leading museums of Russia.